Mittwoch, November 01, 2006

Ouch!
Just got a very strange eMail from someone I don't know with the following text
Da mein Bruder Hannes nun nicht mehr unter uns ist, möchte ich hiermit
alle bitten, zum Begräbnis in Bruck an der Mur (Steiermark) zu kommen....

translated:
As my brother Hannes doesn't live anymore I want to ask everyone to come to his funeral...

At first I thought this is a very evil Spam Mail but reading on I found this is about someone real and at the end of the mail was a link to one of my favorite bands Roter Stern Silberstern.
Then it made click and I understood that the singer of this band, Hannes Strasser died. I'm very sad to hear this, more so because it seems he comitted suicide.
I first saw him with his old band Silbersterne in the club "Flex" right after I moved to Vienna and was at once "in love" with their music. On and off I saw other gigs of this band in Vienna and was at one time sad when it seemed that the band disbanded. But then I suddenly heard one of their songs played by Christina Stürmer, a very popular Austrian singer (she was part of the 2nd (?) Starmania cast). Apparently a lot of the old Silbersterne songs got sold (or given, I don't know) to Christina Stürmer and thus surprised me. "Geh nicht, wenn du kommst", "Engel fliegen einsam", "Disco", "E.T." und "Soll das wirklich Alles sein" are songs by Hannes.
Soon after (or before that, my mind is fuzzy on that) there was his new band "Roter Stern Silberstern" which I like very much as well. "Silbersterne" was very much alternative pop but RSSS rocked.
I only spoke once with Hannes, very briefly after a show with "Silbersterne" in the Gürtellokal Chelsea. But I liked him and I'm now very sad, the he no longer lives.

If anyone could give me a hint on how to get ahold of the old Silbersterne material, I'll be very happy.